Comment by a customer

A woman came into my daughter's boutique, where I sell my candles. She was buying clothing and mentioned that she was sick of all the candles looking the same and having the same scents.

I've been through the shopping strip where my daughter leases and having viewed all the jar choices, this whole strip covers it all!

So, what do these people want?

She's just one person, with one opinion...don't let her get to you.

LOL! Well, some of the other stores have some gorgeous jars, but are priced way above mine. I just want a reasonable, strong candle. I'm using the salsa jars.

I don't carry as many scents as most people because I've only tested about 30. I have to move into this slowly.

I have found that those people are looking for a certain scent. If you don't have it, they think you don't have anything good or different:angry2: .

Thanks. It's just that when I went into all the other shops I was sick of looking at candles too! lol!

Butt Naked, Spiced Cranberry, Wedding Day and Pumpkin Crunch are my big sellers. I sell more of those than anything.

Just got my Leather candles actually poured correctly. I'm testing that today. I'll see how that goes over. No one in town carries that scent - yet! lol So far, it's not as strong as I'd like in the paraffin, but I can't add any more fragrance to it. I'm at 1.5 already. Maybe I just can't smell it!

Sounds like she is just complaining. They seem to be the hardest to please.

Well, she spends lots of money on facial serum. LOL!

She did purchase $400 worth of clothing, so I can smile and talk about her when she leaves! LOL!

She also loved my hot pink zebra padded chairs that I also sell, so I'm good. :D Pay me $300 and they are yours, honey!

I sell less than 30 scents in my line because that is all I can handle making at this time. I had a customer make a comment sorta like that one. I asked her what specifically she was looking for. Thinking maybe I could make something special for her. She didn't know! She told me "I don't know, just something different." I pressed on and asked if she meant scent wise or that she didn't like my jars. Once again she said "I don't know, I just like different things." Well, that's no help! So sometimes those type of comments are an opportunity to increase sales with a new product and sometimes it's just one person that likes to complain. Don't let it bother you!

I sell less than 30 scents in my line because that is all I can handle making at this time. I had a customer make a comment sorta like that one. I asked her what specifically she was looking for. Thinking maybe I could make something special for her. She didn't know! She told me "I don't know, just something different." I pressed on and asked if she meant scent wise or that she didn't like my jars. Once again she said "I don't know, I just like different things." Well, that's no help! So sometimes those type of comments are an opportunity to increase sales with a new product and sometimes it's just one person that likes to complain. Don't let it bother you!

Thanks, if she is spending all the money she talked about trying to stay young then I suppose she is restless in a lot of areas.