Beeswax from a Beekeeper

elle110

I met up with a local beekeeper here close to my town, he is willing to sell me as much beeswax I need at whatever price I basically name since he just wants to unload it. It is very yellow, something I am not used to because I guess from further investigation I have been using wax already chemically cleaned. I only use the wax in my lotion bars and seveal other items which only require a fairly small amount.

I am just curious if this beeswax is OK to use in B&B, He does clean it as far as running it through a strainer etc but no chemicals

TIA

Elle110

yes.. this is the kind I use, natural, unbleached, its just filtered..

Cool,

Does it leave a yellow tint behind? I am only asking because some of my lotion bars I leave untinted or will it mess with the color I add, for instance red, and make orange?

Does this make since?

Elle

I am not sure about coloring lotion bars... I leave mine natural, I do use this beeswax in lotion and lip balm and I color those with no problems.

Thanks annareeb, I am going to go for it, I like it so much better than the chmically processed stuff just after seeing what he had

Michelle