Olive Oil Candles?

Well, actually I found this at Swanscandles.com, and the coconut wax too. Has anyone used either one of these??

Olive Oil Container Candle Wax

Accu-Blend Olive Oil Container Blend MP128 made of all natural organic virgin Olive Oil & other quality ingredients. Olive Oil wax is a olive greenish/yellowish blend with good jar adhesion, hot & cold scent throw and is very clean burning. No additives are required. Olive Oil wax is blended to eliminate frosting of colored candles and is a one pour blend. Olive Oil wax has a smooth surface & burns coolor to burn longer. As with all natural products, it can vary slightly from batch to batch. This product meets FDA requirements for use in non-food articles in contact with food as per 21 CFR 172.880 Heat to 160-180

Olive Oil Wax 11lb Slab

$19.95

Coconut Blend Container Candle Wax

Accu-Blend Coconut Container Blend MP126 made of all natural organic coconut wax & other quality ingredients. Coconut wax has excellent color retention, jar adhesion, hot & cold scent throw and is very clean burning. No additives are required. Coconut wax is blended to eliminate frosting of colored candles and is a one pour blend. Coconut wax has a smooth surface & burns coolor to burn longer. As with all natural products, it can vary slightly from batch to batch. This product meets FDA requirements for use in non-food articles in contact with food as per 21 CFR 172.880 Suggested usage: Heat to 160-180, add color, remove form heat, add fragrance and pour at desired temp.

Coconut Wax 11lb Slab

$13.95

Well, actually I found this at Swanscandles.com, and the coconut wax too. Has anyone used either one of these??

Olive Oil Container Candle Wax

Accu-Blend Olive Oil Container Blend MP128 made of all natural organic virgin Olive Oil & other quality ingredients. Olive Oil wax is a olive greenish/yellowish blend with good jar adhesion, hot & cold scent throw and is very clean burning. No additives are required. Olive Oil wax is blended to eliminate frosting of colored candles and is a one pour blend. Olive Oil wax has a smooth surface & burns coolor to burn longer. As with all natural products, it can vary slightly from batch to batch. This product meets FDA requirements for use in non-food articles in contact with food as per 21 CFR 172.880 Heat to 160-180

Olive Oil Wax 11lb Slab

$19.95

Coconut Blend Container Candle Wax

Accu-Blend Coconut Container Blend MP126 made of all natural organic coconut wax & other quality ingredients. Coconut wax has excellent color retention, jar adhesion, hot & cold scent throw and is very clean burning. No additives are required. Coconut wax is blended to eliminate frosting of colored candles and is a one pour blend. Coconut wax has a smooth surface & burns coolor to burn longer. As with all natural products, it can vary slightly from batch to batch. This product meets FDA requirements for use in non-food articles in contact with food as per 21 CFR 172.880 Suggested usage: Heat to 160-180, add color, remove form heat, add fragrance and pour at desired temp.

Coconut Wax 11lb Slab

$13.95

The wax that Swan's carries is made by Accu-Blend, they are located in El Monte, CA so I contacted them to see if I could buy from them, but you can't (thought I'd save shipping since I'm in CA.) But Henry was very helpful, so here is his email if you have questions about this wax. henry@accu-blend.com

Interesting! I've done my own blending of my hard soaping oils, and was less than impressed with *that* outcome! It looked and burned nicely, but after the first burn it always stayed mushy. Course I was just using the oils and not a wax. Nice to see big companies trying other waxes.

The wax that Swan's carries is made by Accu-Blend, they are located in El Monte, CA so I contacted them to see if I could buy from them, but you can't (thought I'd save shipping since I'm in CA.) But Henry was very helpful, so here is his email if you have questions about this wax.

yep, I already tried that route too. I am in SoCal and it would have been a blessing if i could have picked up my order. :undecided

Hey maybe we can get Genwax to start carring the ACCU waxes. heheheh

Colton at Genwax is really nice, I will make a request for the olive oil wax, it sounds interesting. So to all you CA candle makers if we all make requests maybe he will see enough interest in the product.
I'd be happy to try again, but I did ask about them carrying Ecosoya at one time and they told me something about an agreement with Cargill and also that they had an issue with warehouse and store space at that time. It has been a while, so it's definitely worth another try!

thanks to this enabling post..:P i *just weighed out some olive oil wax for a candle...can't wait to see what it does...i am lanning on starting with wicking it the same as my ezsoy candles.

Let us know how it does. I make my own olive oil candles and never have had to wick up or down with them over plain soy...but I don't add much OO...just a teaspoon pp.

from this thread....look back at the first page :)

That's what I thought Accu-Blend until you said all olive oil...from an email I got from Henry I was under the impression it was a soy/olive oil blend...maybe I got the wrong impression. I'll need to read up on it again on their site or Swan's site.

I went back to see if I saved the email, but I didn't...got discouraged when they said I couldn't buy directly from them...of course the whole thing has changed now that I can drive to El Monte and buy from Swan's. I'll see what I can find out from them.