50/50 blend and Candy Corn

It's a strange question, but I'm wondering if candy corn is typically a heavier FO. Most of my FO's work well with a cd-10 in the 50/50. I do use 12's in a few of the heavier ones, but wanted to pour this scent tomorrow and realized I'm extremely low on 12's. Of course I'll test before pouring a bunch, but I was just curious to know if it's a heavy oil for those of you that have poured it before. I ordered the FO from NG.

Told ya it was strange! :smiley2:

Jenn

I'm pouring Candy Corn tomorrow, and I use the same wax. I wick up to a CD12, however, I've never used the Candy Corn from NG. If your low on CD12's, why not start testing with a CD10?

I'm not sure how you test, but you can pour the candle wickless, then make a hole in the wax with a skewer where the wick should go. Cut the tab off and put a CD10 in, if it's too small, pull the CD10 out and replace it with a CD12. You won't be able to burn the candle completely; toward the end of the candle, the wick will begin to float. But, it is useful to test for melt pool and scent throw.

Hope this helps.

I'm pouring Candy Corn tomorrow, and I use the same wax. I wick up to a CD12, however, I've never used the Candy Corn from NG. If your low on CD12's, why not start testing with a CD10?

I'm not sure how you test, but you can pour the candle wickless, then make a hole in the wax with a skewer where the wick should go. Cut the tab off and put a CD10 in, if it's too small, pull the CD10 out and replace it with a CD12. You won't be able to burn the candle completely; toward the end of the candle, the wick will begin to float. But, it is useful to test for melt pool and scent throw.

Hope this helps.

With all of the testing I've done in the past, I never thought about using a skewer to do this. Thank you so much! I'll pour today with a 10 while waiting for my 12's to get here!

Thanks again!!

Jenn