Scanned Leaf Pictures for Canes

I read an article in Sunset Magazine about doing leaves for wall art. I made some greeting cards yesterday and sent them to my grandchildren. Of course I sprayed them with varnish and glitter (smile)....anyway, I thought I would share them with any of you that might want to use them in an embedded hurricane. Some of you don't live where pretty autumn leaves are found. I just posted them for my flower forums too. If you want to make your own...just pick some leaves and press them in a book for a few hours to make them flat. Then scan them with a piece of white paper over them to flatten them and take away shadows... I also included in the album of leaves, the article from the magazine. When you press and dry leaves, they loose color, this way you can even use fresh green leaves... Green leaves eventually turn brown....some in a few weeks and others over a longer period of time. I just think they will look great in a hurricane. Donita

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc284/donitalouise/Fall%20Leaves/