Heavy Scents...please help if you can...

mptex

Hey everyone...

I have been making candles for quite sometime now, years, and this questions has always seems to bug me....

would you all consider Sugar Cookie from BCS a heavy scent?

Or is it a medium scent?

It is darker, and slightly harder to mix with my wax unless it s warm, but, it isn't hard to burn, imo, at all, so I wouldn't classify it as heavy...

I always have such a hard time grasping what (heavy) means exactly...

and just because it is heavy, does that insure a larger wick...and just because it is lighter, does that insure a smaller wick? Because that just hasn't been the case in my experience...

just curious as to what ya'll thought on this...

I personally consider a heavy scent as one that is hard to wick, not on it's physical characteristics or mixing with my wax. So for me, yes heavy means a larger wick. I also don't have a problem with any of my FO's mixing, including BCS's Sugar Cookie. If I have one that won't mix.....it's gone, I won't use it!! I had a Buttercream that was so thick, it poured like honey, but wicking it was a dream and it threw heavenly.....too bad the company closed. :undecided

This is such a difficult question to me.

Cucumber Chaos from CC is like syrup but it is a light color. I do not have to wick up on this one.

Jap. Pear & Ginseng from FOH does not appear to be heavy but is darker in color. I have to wick up 1-2 wick sizes depending on which container I am using.

I also think it may have alot to do with what wax you are using and how the fragrance reacts with that wax.