Craft Fair help??

birdieluvr76

OK, here is my dilemma. I am doing my first craft fair a month from now, and am having trouble deciding how to get people to sniff what I have. I only make melts, ornies and sachets, and those are all packaged to not let the smell come out unless opened. I was thinking I could pour wax in a small jar (baby food sized), label them, and leave them out for people to smell. Does this sound like a good idea, or can you think of something better?

Thanks!!!:cool2:

you need to have samples for people to sniff, touch, look at. You have to have those since that is what makes people purchase...the scents from your samples & products should draw people to your table. When you create a display...have a few samples and talk to people who come up...tell them about your products & all the scents you offer. Make a brochure or scent list. You should only have a few scents or limited amount when taking to the show and then advertise the rest. GL!

Maybe I should rephrase...

I am having samples of all my scents. My product line doesn't allow for people to remove tops like a jar candle.

My question is about the best way to display my samples.

So, should I go with the small jars, or is there a better idea?

Thanks again!

I could not do baby jars since I do not have a source for them, but I was thinking that size, something I can get at a craft store. I almost wished I made jar candles so people could just smell from there :)

You could go with the 1.5 hex jar for sniffing. That's what I do when making jar candles and melts, I pour a little into the hex jar that way they can open and smell. The vials as mentioned would work as well.

I just did two craft fairs - and am still finding a lot of people who don't know what melts are and how to use them (even tho I've sold them at these same shows for at least 3 years!)

My suggestion is to have at least one tart burner, with melts, on display.

Maybe you could put samples of each of the melts in small dishes? I think it's better to show the actual product than to pour samples into other containers. hth

I don't agree with putting melted wax in a jar. I agree that people like to see, smell and touch the product.

Perhaps you could have tins w/clear lids or large votive holder (such as a flowerpot shape) with your finished melts inside and label them with the scent.

I would leave unpackages sachets and such for people to smell as well.

You could put a hang tag with the name of the scent on the sachets and hang them from ornament tree. That would give you some height to attract people to the table.

Wishing you success!