To dye or not to dye, that is the question....

LOL. I am wondering if my candles are too boring being natural in color rather than being dyed. Im not too concerned about frosting as long as the scent throw is good. But, I hear its hard to get darker colors in soy. I havent used any dyes at all in soy. So I have no idea. Is it a real pain in the butt? Which types of dyes work best in soy? Do you think candles sell better being dyed than not? Im using ky puresoy, so dont know if it makes a difference what type of soy. Hope to hear your opinions! ;)

It is a pain getting dark colors in soy - even if its dark its opaque, so it just looks "different". I would say go try flake dye first for dark colors, then chips, but not liquid. I've just had too much trouble with them when trying to get very dark colors in soy.

If you are using regular soy I would also suggest adding a bit of BW if you are not opposed to that. It seems to smooth out the color and helps with that patchy frost you will likely start to notice. (You may not notice it right away, but you will).

The other thing you may want to try believe it or not is the soy-based dye chips. Unfortunately you can only get them in primary colors, but I was pleasantly surprised because they give pretty deep colors. They are soy though - so expect them to be a bit messy in the bags - and don't be surprised if you actually see a bit of frost on the chips themselves.