What am I doing wrong?

I colored my first candle last night and now I have them dreadful white streaks in it :cry2: Did I put the color in it while was too hot or what? (now mind you this was done with some scrap candles that needed to be melted down anyways.. Ididn't want to "waste" my good wax till I get this down right!) so any tips from the expert tipsters out there would be soooo helpful right now... Thank so much!! :D

I colored my first candle last night and now I have them dreadful white streaks in it :cry2: Did I put the color in it while was too hot or what? (now mind you this was done with some scrap candles that needed to be melted down anyways.. Ididn't want to "waste" my good wax till I get this down right!) so any tips from the expert tipsters out there would be soooo helpful right now... Thank so much!! :D

I am far from the experts here, and hopefully they will come along soon and help you, but the only thing I can figure out without knowing exactly what kind of wax is maybe it's just that, all the different kinds of waxes. Unless of course the scrap candles were all from the same type of wax. Did you use the color dye chips or liquid? Sometimes too if you didnt stir it well enough that can affect the outcome as well.

used Liquid coloring.. stirred it what I thought was mixed well.. I think I may have mixed that coloring in while the wax was too HOT... is that really possible? I mean I am gonna still burn that little sucker since it was just a "junk candle" anyways.. and that is the best way to learn on IMO.. why waste the good stuff when you aint got this down to the art you want it as~lol.. :)

I doubt it was because you poured too hot, but it's harder to tell what you're "doing wrong" without a picture.

It's going to be even harder not knowing what the wax is besides remelted leftovers. So in that instance I probably wouldn't worry about what's wrong.