Show Results In

gottabt

My big show this weekend was not as big as last year. I did 6x booth so not bad - but just not what I was expecting. Made $200 more last year. The crowd was way off from last year so the second day we did a BOGO 1/2 off. It works well to always get that second jar candle sale.:) We only offer it on the jar candles - 10 & 16 oz apothecaries. Did not sell as many ornies as I have in the past and that really surprised me. They usually do the best. I only made up 8 jack o lantern jars and they all sold. The ones with HSH sold before the pumpkin ones.

Generally most sales were fall scents. Harvest & HSH were the best.

Christmas scents came in a close second.

Bakeries did not fair well this time - everyone commented how hungry that they would make them.

Fruits & Florals were the more exotic ones and the mixes. I usually do well with Gardenia and Honeysuckle Jasmine but not this show.

It was a strange show all in all. The traffic was better on Sunday and usually it is Saturday. I think that the weather had a lot to do with it but the reverse of what you are probably thinking. It was a great weather weekend and the humidity finally broke so I think that most ppl were out in their yards and such. The humidity makes it hard to spend much time outside. It is just so hard to judge. Sorry there are no pics since I am really not doing anything different to the booth from what I have posted in the past.

I am going to try to do something different for the next show in Dec. There will be a lot of competition. Most ppl say that the take is usually about 20 times booth. This show I was the only chandler but I am sure that will not be the case at the next one. I am thinking that I will be adding decorative runners to the table tops, fabric drapes over the display steps and garland around the interior frame of the tent. I need more eye-candy.

Thanx for listening.

Know you wanted to do more but sounds like you had a good show. You just don't know what folks are going to do when they finally get a good weekend. Glad they turned out good for you on Sunday. Fall scents seem to be popular around here too. Sounds like you have some neat plans for your Dec. show.