Anybody have words of advice or encouragement, lol

mindy5140

I am sick sick sick to my stomach about this festival and fundraiser. I've been talking about for about a month now.

I have an order today comming from Fillmore container. The UPS place near me asked if a Tri axle can fit where I live. I about hurled right then and there when I was on the phone with him. I had to ask my bf if one could fit which it can thank goodness. I ordered 55 cases of jars, hoping that the girls at least sell 10 to 20 candles each. Their's 33 girls selling candles. If not I have a few ideas up my sleeve on how to get rid of them.

The past few days I have been cleaning the toy room so I can fit maybe 30 or more of the 55 boxes in it. I think we might stick some in my bedroom. Originally we were supposed to put the jars in my moms garage but my dads stuff is still in there.

My Festival stuff came in yesterday to, my poor UPS man he has been at my house almost every day this week. Yesterday he looked at my bf and just shook his head while he was unloading 4 boxes.

Tonight we're going to Lowe's so bf can build me some Melt stands. I measured my tent to see how many stands we can fit in it. I hope 3 stands that hold 12 baskets each wont look cluttered in a 10X10 tent. Now I just have to find baskets, looks like I get to spend some more money and go to Michaels. Maybe I'll check Walmart tonight and hit some $1 stores. I'm WAY WAY over my budget now. But I think the things I'm using for display will pay for itself for yrs. to come. Or till I get another bright idea and use something else.

I'm thinking about putting my Melts into Catergories. Like Fall Scents on 1 stand Bakery on another and Misc. Scents on the last one.

Air Fresheners haven't been able to come up with anything for them. Maybe I'll come up with a peg stand on the table for those. Clamshells same thing.

Ok, now I'm rambling. Last night while I was looking at all of my stuff that I already made I started hyper ventalating can't wait to see what happens when I have 55 freakin boxes in my house. I'll probably faint.

Mindy :)

You poor thang...I read that and felt how overwhelmed you must be! I'm feeling the heat too. I have a small craft show (my first one) next month and even though I've made 30 pies for it, I still have to pour containers, melts and pillars. I want to get all product made soon so I can focus on labeling, packaging, working more on my display, pricing, etc... I really thought I'd be able to squeeze in a fundraiser but now seeing how much work is involved I'm glad I opted out of it. All you can do is your best...what happens will happen, right?! Good luck with it all though!

Thanks, and good luck to you to. I'm kinda bummed my son had a dentist appointment at the same time they were delivering my jars and bf didn't notice till after the UPS man was gone that we were short 1 case.

I could strangle him for not counting the boxes while the man was here. He signed the paper and everything. I called UPS and I have to file a claim. I think when everybody goes to bed I'm going to recount the cases.

Mindy

I'm no where near the size of your operation and I get anxiety attacks over how my entire house is getting overrun by candles and candle supplies. Boxes of jars under the beds, closets filled to the brim with wax, wicks, dyes, FO's, molds, jar lids, melting pots....drawers stuffed with labels....test candles everywhere! I couldn't imagine having 55 cases of jars! *faint*

But you sound like you've got a good plan. You're on a roll. Good luck!

:highfive: