Please help with Votives!!

I am new at making votives. I am using 4794 wax with 44z wick. In testing my votive, I find it burning down , leaving the sides up. Then, finally, the sides of the votive finally melt and even out. Is this how a votive is suppose to burn down, or am I doing something wrong. I am making alot of votives for Christmas presents but I dont want to give out a votive that is not burning down correctly either. HELP!

Thanks for all the help. It just looked strange to me to see it burning and leaving the sides. Before I started making candles, I never really paid any attention to how a votive burned and now that I am making them...well... that is a whole different ballgame. I am checking the burn every 10 minutes and sniffing to see how the scent throw is! I want to make the perfect one for Christmas presents because I know that if I give them out, then I will have future customers if the throw is great and it burned evenly. :)