Cost of craft show?

notjustbaskets

In my "town" we have a festival every year and this year I have thought about doing the craft part BUT when I inquired and the fee is $225.00, yeah two hundred twenty five dollars:shocked2: . I know I will have great sales cause people come in from the next city over for this every year. Its big, has a carnival, a parade, and all. Oh yeah power included. What is the max to pay on a show of this size? It's a four day affair.

That could be alot or not - Cost is relative, depending on what you make it could be very reasonable. You need to do some research and if possible talk to other crafters that have done the show in the past and see how it went for them. Then ask the promoter (organization putting on the show) what kind of numbers in attendence they are expecting and what is that number based on - for example, previous year's ticket sales.

Thats not too bad yvette i did a show in the summer 2 days for £18. They're doing a xmas one @ the end of nov on one day 11-4 for the same price!!! Thinks it will be popular with it coming up to xmas but from my point of view if its a bad day with other things going on i wont make my money back i came just under on the first one.:undecided

Yeah its just that last time it was quite dead and i dont think i could chance it again. I have something else that has come up for that day now anyway but will try to pop in and see how busy it is and concider it for next year!

Booked a couple of school xmas fairs one was only £5 and i'll donate a nice raffle prize also coz they always do well on that! Hoping that dads will be there and buy for the ladies in their lives:D Heres hoping!!

For the life of me, I can't remember where I found this "formula". It's not mine, but I hope it helps.

Straight fee - the promoter charges a booth fee, ranging from $10 to $1,500. This method is okay as long as your fee doesn't go over about $250. There are only so many bars of soap you can sell in two or three days, and there is a limit to how much inventory you can afford to make prior to the show. In my opinion, anything above $250 is pretty risky.

In general, 1 to 3% of the total attending population will buy something at your booth. (A show of 3,000 people) Estimate 30 people- $510(low end) to 90 people- $1530 (high end) purchasing. In all probability, only 1/3 to 1/2 of the total in attendance will even venture by or into your booth.

Expect to make: The “7x” rule: you can expect to make 7 to 10 times your entry fee. ($225) Multiply the entry fee times 7 for the low amount, and times 10 for the high number. ($1575 to $2250).

In my home town we have a fall fesitival thef ee was $35 I made $1,300. There were a ton of vinders there around 160. I was in the best spot. Bus dropped them off 200 ft from my booth, beside us was a machinal bull along with kids bungge jumping. Across us was a band stand with bluegrass and classic rock.

The fee went up for next year $50 for 1 day. Still a deal!

Jennifer

Do you know of any other vendors or can the contact person give you a name or two. That might give you an idea of how much people made. I understand people aren't willing to give out a $$ amount but you can ask if it is worth the money to participate. I have asked at some shows and some will offer if it is worth it and some might say it isn't. Asking doesn't hurt....