C-3 Heat jars up or not (about to pull out my hair--HELP)

Hi everyone,

I am just curious about this. I am having the worst time with c-3. I know temp and area you work in can effect the final product. What is happening is when I warm up the jars the wax is pulling away from the jar. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am in the middle of pouring 300 candles for a fundraiser and I am about to pull out my hair!!!! Help!

e'dee johnson

I use C 3 and about all I do is heat my jars with my heat gun just enough to take the chill off them b/c my work room is in our basement. I don't have any problems with wax pulling away from the jar. What type of jars are you useing?

HTH

Hi everyone,

I am just curious about this. I am having the worst time with c-3. I know temp and area you work in can effect the final product. What is happening is when I warm up the jars the wax is pulling away from the jar. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am in the middle of pouring 300 candles for a fundraiser and I am about to pull out my hair!!!! Help!

e'dee johnson

E'dee, I do not heat jars for NatureWax C3 except during the winter when the indoor temps are pretty cool. Are you washing your jars before pouring? There is residue on the glass that if left unwashed, will contribute to wet spot. Cooling the candles evenly is also important. Be sure that they are not cooling in a drafty location where fans or air conditioners are blowing. HTH:D

What you are experiencing is called "wet spots" and every candle maker comes across this sooner or later. This usually happens when candles are in cool places such as air conditioning. Go into a wal-mart or k-mart and take a close look and you will find they have them too.

My SIL works at Halmark and this same thing was driving her nuts. She called me and asked why their candles looked funny so I went and took a peek and sure enough even the high dollar candles have the "wet spots"

Prairieannie once told me when I was but a wee newbie to " Embrace your wet spots or it will drive you crazy" It doesnt bother me much anymore since I know what causes it and whats really gonna make ya laugh is,,,it doesnt ALWAYS happen,,, And thats the part that drives ya crazy!!*faint*

Hi Everyone,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back with everyone. I had to work for a full 24 hours to get an order of 300 candles out. What a nightmare. the wax my supplier sent me was on an ups frieght truck from in the early morning hours until about 6 at night in the hot humid floridia weather. The wax even felt pasty and sticky. I think all of those factors contributed to the total loss of 200 candles. I had to pour 500 candles to get 300 decent looking candles. What a HUGE loss of profit and the supplier was a total jerk and seems to think I am the fruit loop that doesn't know how to pour c-3. You could visibly see condensation and what appeared to be mold forming in the jars. Thanks guys for all of your advice. Take Care & God Bless!

E'dee Johnson:)