clamshell tarts

Guest Candelishis

Well, first off, 464 is a container wax. I'll be interested to know if your tarts will even come out of the clamshells. Let us know.

How do they look "bad"? Are they wavy, frosted, mottled, what? Give us some more info so we can diagnose your problem.

Don't get discouraged!!! We all had our problems when we started, and most of us, even the ones who have been doing this since dinosaurs roamed the earth, still have problems!! lol

Well, first off, 464 is a container wax. I'll be interested to know if your tarts will even come out of the clamshells. Let us know.

How do they look "bad"? Are they wavy, frosted, mottled, what? Give us some more info so we can diagnose your problem.

Don't get discouraged!!! We all had our problems when we started, and most of us, even the ones who have been doing this since dinosaurs roamed the earth, still have problems!! lol

I bought a tart making kit off line and that is the wax that came with it. It looks like cake icing when you icing a cake. The one i tryed came out of it fine. TIA

Guest Candelishis

Hmmmm good to know.....I use 464 for my containers and make my own blend for tarts...I'll have to test out some tarts with the 464, that would be nice to be able to use my 464 for tarts too!!

So your tarts look like cake icing? How so? Are they bumpy or frosty or what? (Sorry, not really getting it...) Can you take a picture?

Keep trying and try not to get discouraged.

I'm a perfectionist and I used to go crazy trying to get the tops of my tarts and candles to look perfect. Soy is picky and your finished product can vary with hot/cold weather, humidity etc. I've learned to accept uglier tops as long as the scent throw is good, after all, tarts melt down anyway.

Actually, this wax has a 2% additive which allows for hotter pour temps. The recommended pour temp is 125 - 145. Did you use a thermometer? Was the wax thick or thin when you poured?

I use the 444 which is similar, just a higher melt point. I have poured anywhere from 120 up to 150 and never had tops set up like that.

I will be curious to see what helps fix the issue.

Can i melt them and repour them would they look better.

Yes, I melted and repoured just one of my ugly ones. And it did turn out better looking. The rest I just gave to family & friends to test the aroma throw - they didn't care how the freebies looked! :smiley2: