Peaks Pink Sugar Users

Fluffy

I know I am not the only Pink Sugar Junky. So I need help from some of you users!

I make candles, color them lite pink and after a few weeks they turn kinda orangeish. Yes I use a UV inhibitor.

Do not put it in MP soap. I know that will be a lost cause..... I have had great success with Dusting Powder and Perfume.

What will happen when I add it to lotions? Salt Scrubs? Will it turn brown??

I would appreciate any input on this. Thank You!:cheesy2:

I don't have any problems putting it in wax melts (IGI4794). They stay nice and pink.

Do not put it in MP soap. I know that will be a lost cause.....

I'm confused here.....why wouldn't you put it in M&P? I do. Stays pink and my customers buy the heck out of it. I also use it in perfume spray and solid perfume and in lotions. All stays pink.

The ONLY place it has turned dark on me is in CP soap.

My lotions eventually get a tan tint after a few months. Now bath salt... these also get a tan tint. But I've noticed in bath salts, after about a month... it smells REALLY OFF. Nasty. I only make Pink Sugar products fresh now... then I inform the customer about shelf life because of the FO.

I've tried CP'ing it... my soap turned BLACK. lol

I have tried quite a few suppliers Pink Sugar. ICS is by far my favorite. I don't have any problems with my lotions or body butter turning brown. I have some that I made back in June that are still just as pink as when I made them. I use the body spray and mixed up a batch in June as well. It is still just as strong as when I made it.

Because of the vanilla content, it will turn soaps brown. I mixed up a batch of bath salts not long ago and they are sitting in a jar. I will watch them for a while to see what happens to the scent now.

My candles have never discolored either. I have one that was made back in April. I found it in my "test box". It sure did cure well too :shocked2: lol

As far as soap I have only tried it in HP and I have one bar left going on 9 months old and still not brown. I haven't had a problem in my lotions either. I have however seen other lotions that have a slight tan tint to them, but I do not however know if those are Peak's jut that they're pink sugar.

I also use Peak's PS.

I did have a batch of PS candles turn kinda orangey around the edges, but I thought it was b/c I put glitter on top and that the glitter did that, now I'm rethinking it. :undecided

Everyone (except newbies I guess) know about my PS M&P, the big heart soap log that turned BLACK! LOL

It also turns my lotion base tan, which is no biggie to me, cuz even the VBN I bought from B&BW turned tan! :tongue2:

I have since started using the vanilla neutralizer from WSP for M&P, and now... no more brown/black vanilla or PS soaps! :whoohoo:

I haven't tried it in lotions, only b/c it says it's for M&P, but I may just try an experiment to see.

I know that's not the answer you were looking for, but at least you know you're not the only one this is happening to right? LOL

Edited to say: Fluffy do a search in the B&B gallery for PS, you'll get to see my BLACK soap also! :D