Glass adhesion

I ordered a bag of Glass glow from CS a little while ago to try. I have also tried the frost palm. When I made my frost palm containers, I added 10% soy to soften it up a bit because it was slipping right out of my container. I have a straight sided container. Adding the soy worked. Now, I just made a candle using the glass glow and also added the 10% soy but it is so hard and would slip right out of the container if it wasn't for my wick stikum holding it down!

Is there a way to get this wax to adhere better to the container? Would heating the jar up before I pour the wax in work?(I did not do that). TIA!

Be sure to prewash the container in HOT water with a grease-cutting agent (like Parson's Sudsy Ammonia or a few drops of Dawn) to cut the residue from the glass manufacturing. Allow to air dry upside down.

You could try heating your container also. Some folks have problems with this and some don't. Palm wax is by nature not very sticky... one reason people who pour into molds love da stuff!

Beware, though: the more soy you add, the more problems you may incur with the crystallization...

I've noticed that, when poured into a small container, my glass glow did the same thing (fell right out when I tried to dump trimmed wick pieces into the trash).

That being said, why can't Glass Glow be used for pillars? Sorry, I'm a newbie at palm wax so maybe that's a silly question. Probably burns different than the pillar wax or something, right?

:)

Violet