2" Pillar Testing-Totally Psyched!

tester-1.jpg

You're probably thinking, what am I looking at, LOL.

I have a large order for 2" unscented rustics. This is not one of my sizes. The hostess plans on putting them in hurricane glass holders. My first tester was a perfect rustic with LX-12 raw that spilled over after a few hours.

Back to square one. I remelted it (hence the dull candle) and used LX-10 raw. The photo is of the cooled pillar after an initial burn of 4 hours and 40 minutes. The hostess understands that we are pushing the envelope here on a 2" candle. The flame was mushrooming and pretty high when I extinguished it but it never did spill. She will be content with some over spill. I will burn to the end but I think this is a go.

E....that is great that it worked for you. With the IGI wax I am now using I am not sure. When I was using 4045 and 4045H the 0/5 SB worked perfectly. What wax did you use for these? Donita

4045H with 2 TBS stearic pp. If this ones does not work out, I'll keep the 0/5 SB in mind, it's not a wick I'm familiar with. Thanks for your input. 2" are known to be a PITA!

e

Have you tried a 12 ply flatbraid? I make my 2 inch pillars with 4045H and 12 ply and they never spill, completly consume and the flame stays very small throughout marathon burns as well. HTH

No, I've not tried that one either. Another one to keep in mind; thanks much!

e