Is it normal

for wax to have water in it?I ordered some new wax(differant than what I been using),and it has water in it.How I know,I melted some of it,had to turn it off and leave home for awhile.when I returned home I dug the wax out of the presto,because I forgot how much was in it.in the bottom of the pot was water.Is this normal?

Thanks,Anna

Can you believe I ordered four cases of it,maybe not all of it has water.It is JS123.I like this wax,and I got a special when ordering four cases.What does it do to a candle if the wax has water in it?

Anna

Can you believe I ordered four cases of it,maybe not all of it has water.It is JS123.I like this wax,and I got a special when ordering four cases.What does it do to a candle if the wax has water in it?

Anna

Weird things. Mottling, problems with the way it sets up. Thankfully I don't have sufficient experience to give you the full list of possible weirdnesses, but suffice to say you really don't want to use wax with water in it. Just does not belong.

Theoretically you can get rid of the water by holding the wax at 220 in your melter for an hour and stirring gently once in a while. Sounds like you have a lot though so I don't know what will happen if you heat it up like that. Minimally, a lot of steam bubbles and snap crackle pop noises. Never tried it with wax that wet.

I hope it's just a few slabs. If you can confirm that it doesn't permeate your entire purchase maybe they'll just be nice enough to send you an extra case. Hope it doesn't turn into a big hassle for you.