semi-off topic question for the ladies

This is a somewhat off-topic question and I'm embarrassed to even have to ask it. But ladies, have any of you ever been pregnant while candlemaking? More to the point, have you ever TRIED to get pregnant while candlemaking (obviously not at the same time haha)...

I've been trying to google this topic and so far finding nothing regarding risks or precautions.

My husband and I are ready to start a family, and this is only a part time gig for me, so I'll sacrifice candlemaking if I need to if it means it won't hurt my chances or the health of a baby.

Any input, I'd really appreciate. I haven't had a chance to talk to my doctor yet.

Thanks.

I am not sure about this, BUT my friend (4 months pregnant) was here one day while I was making Sweet Pumpkin Spice votive's and the smell made her sick,,I mean upchuck sick,,,you may want to definitely ask your Doctor as some of the FOs are strong,,,,this is a good question and hope we can get you an answer. The only thing I can think of that would be harmful is the FO.

I am past childbearing years but have seen where some still do candlemaking but a few scents get to them and others wait till after the birth.I would say talk to your doctor.I have a friend who started late in having children and she took a mild fertility because she felt she wanted to give it a year then if nothing "fertility".Well she did get pregnant and after that she took it easy.Not for the candlemaking but other things.She watched her lifting for one.

I have another friend who had 10 miscarriages and at 42 took fertility and had twins a BOY and GIRL.She had to be on bed rest for 4 months.She watched what she did throughout that time.She always miscarried at 6 weeks and have no idea why.Doctor mentioned bad eggs.

I would go with how you feel about it and also doctor.Can your husband do it if you have things going good and don't want to give it up?One other person did that on another Board.She did cut back but if she got orders her husband jumped in and helped.I think she left for a few hours then.

I continued to make candles throughout my entire pregnancy.....and have a perfectly healthy 6 month old baby girl!!!

I did have a few problems with FO's making me extremely nauseous.....and the last trimester everything was difficult big belly was awkward, legs & feet were swollen, etc

Each pregnancy is different so just take it one day at a time and be cautious...it never hurts to ask your dr's oppinion especially if things aren't going as they should....