scent throw

I have some 1.5oz hex jars that I decided to finally try out. So I poured it and wicked with an htp 31. I wasnt really sure where to start but since this is the smallest wick I have I figured I would start there. The wick is working great. Good melt pool in the proper time frame, melting all the way around etc. However scent throw is just not there. Now I have read differing opinions as to rather or not J50 needs to cure (this is the wax I used) and I only made this last night so that could be it. I am using Tommy type fo from BCN. So what is your opinion? Do I need to cure it longer or maybe wick up or perhaps these little buggers just arent big enough to give off a good scent throw? Also stupidly I used the Tommy type fo in a tester jar and I have never used this fo before so maybe it is light?

Also, there's been some discussion on how air conditioning reduces scent throw or how much you can smell it. That may be some of your difficulties. Or, BCN has a great reputation but they could still have a bum FO every now and then. How strong is it OOB or in other applications (if you've tried it in other stuff)?

I am testing in my bathroom which is fairly small, the scent oob was strong and also has a strong cold throw. I think I just burned it too soon which is ok I wanted to check the wick first, which is why I used the Tommy fo, it was a sample and I didnt wanna waste the good stuff :D . I think I will wait a couple days and test again for throw. I poured an 8oz jar with this scent also so I will burn it too and see if its the oil or not. Thanks for your help I am really hoping this jar works for me I like it even though its tiny.