Had anyone tried a wax adhesive for containers? Supposed to eliminate wet spots.

I found some at the candle supply store. It says to add 1T/pp to eliminate 'wet spots'. I read a lot of people have wet spots with J223. I bought some to test. It is very sticky and soft (think elmers glue stick). I used it and have no wet spots on cold containers. Wondering what anyone else found while using it.

Thanks

Peg

Well I heard from someone who tried it and they didn't have luck. There no magic wet spot additive or anything new available that I know of apart from this claim from one supplier. I take it as a marketing ploy, like that person on e-Bay selling beeswax under the name of "scent booster" or something like that.

I speculate it's just microcrystalline wax. J-223 already contains it. If it were as simple as adding more the manufacturer would do it for you. You can bet the one entity who would like to eliminate wet spots more than you is Astorlite.

At best it would just keep them away for a while if that. If you take your containers in and out of the cold the jars will show wet spots because of the cold shrinking the wax, or maybe not show the spots at all because the wax may shrink all the way around your jar so no wet spots show, but the colors are not as intense this way. I have seen some that you can wiggle the jar and hear the candle rattle around in there and I sure dont like that. Bruce