Recommendation for Soy Wax from MC for Tarts?

Hi!

I've been using a pre-blended paraffin wax for tart melts - but was wondering what soy wax is commonly used for tarts? I was thinking of trying a wax from Millcreek - but would love opinions on any great throwing soy wax for melts....

Thanks so much in advance for your help and replies!

Casey

Hi Casey,

With such a variety of soy waxes/blends out there, it's hard to say what soy is commonly being used. Some individuals create their own blend and what works for one, might not work for another.

I worked with GB416 tart wax for a while and wasn't happy with it. Now I use GB415 which is the same wax as MC's soy 125. I use this wax for my tarts and containers, it has awesome cold and hot throw characteristics. Because 415 is a container wax, I make my tarts in mini muffin liners so I don't have to worry about molds and mold release, drop them in cello baggies and I'm good to go.

Hope this helps :D

Hi Casey,

With such a variety of soy waxes/blends out there, it's hard to say what soy is commonly being used. Some individuals create their own blend and what works for one, might not work for another.

I worked with GB416 tart wax for a while and wasn't happy with it. Now I use GB415 which is the same wax as MC's soy 125. I use this wax for my tarts and containers, it has awesome cold and hot throw characteristics. Because 415 is a container wax, I make my tarts in mini muffin liners so I don't have to worry about molds and mold release, drop them in cello baggies and I'm good to go.

Hope this helps :D

Hi Wax Flower - Thanks so very much for your time and help - I appreciate it very much - I do think I'm going to give it a try - can you recommend any fos from MC that have a great throw in your wax? Thanks again! Casey

Hi ! I use the Ecosoy PB ( pillar blend) soy wax and it is wonderful and the best I think for tarts. I have tried the CB ones and prefer the Ecosoy. It has great scent throw and releases so easy from the molds !! Good Luck !:D

I love many of MC oils. Some that throw well for me in tarts and candles are:

Grandma's kitchen

Cozy home

Cinnamon Van. (one our biggest sellers)

Lav Van. (again, one of our biggest sellers)

white tea and ginger

caramel apple

spanish melon

sweet orange and chili pepper

honeysuckle vine

lilac breeze(another big seller)

gain

high cotton

I loved MC 125 wax. It always threw very well for us

Hi ! I use the Ecosoy PB ( pillar blend) soy wax and it is wonderful and the best I think for tarts. I have tried the CB ones and prefer the Ecosoy. It has great scent throw and releases so easy from the molds !! Good Luck !:D

Thank you, Lace!!! I love making tarts and am ready to experiment a bit more with soy - I had purchased a soy blend from an Ebay seller and have sampled a few times, but was really thrown by the difference in the colors between the two waxes - I'm assuming that I need to use more dye and fo with the soy - thanks again for your time and advice!!! Casey

I love many of MC oils. Some that throw well for me in tarts and candles are:

Grandma's kitchen

Cozy home

Cinnamon Van. (one our biggest sellers)

Lav Van. (again, one of our biggest sellers)

white tea and ginger

caramel apple

spanish melon

sweet orange and chili pepper

honeysuckle vine

lilac breeze(another big seller)

gain

high cotton

I loved MC 125 wax. It always threw very well for us

Hi Karen - I think I'll be giving the millcreek soy a try - the scents you listed sound yummy - is 1.5 pp about what you used with this wax? Thanks again so very much!!!