Does more mean more?

tangerine

I know that in candlemaking, more FO doesn't necessarily translate to stronger scent throw. I made a batch of soap using 0.7 oz FO/ lb of oils and it isn't smelly enough for me. How much higher can I go? The soap has cured for a month so I'm done waiting for the scent to be resurrected.

If this particular FO didn't smell as stong as I'd like with this recipe, is it safe to say it might do better with another recipe?

If you just made the soap, hold on - sometimes the scent fades or changes and then comes back during the cure. Sometimes.

You can look at the Scent Review Board (http://scentreviewboard.obisoap.ca/ - you will have to register) to see how that particular FO has done for others.

Thanks sudsnwicks and CB!

This soap has been curing for a month. I checked the Scent Review Board and there's no review for this FO. Oh well, it's still soap. :)

which FO was it? and which vendor?

(oh, and since there is no info on the SRB, please please post YOUR experience!

I won't say that some recipes/oils don't seem to eat FOs, but unless you see a pattern I'd expect it was the FO.

The FO is Creme Brulee from FOH. I will work on posting reviews on SRB. The Peanut Butter Brownie Pie and the Apple Cobbler Delight smell heavenly though (for those who like food scents in soap, that is :) ).