Question about Tart making>>>>>>>>>>>>

sim

Its just a general question at this point.

I just bought Ky Para-Soy Tart/Votive Blend (mp 132) & I have frag Oils on the way, I was just wondering what would happen to my wax if I added too muh FO.tia! :D

Hi, Nubie here...

What happens if I add too much Frag Oil to my batch of tarts? Also Do I need to add any additive to my tart batches?

Thanks in advance! :D

Hi sim.

Since I don't know what wax you are using, I can't be of much help. If you contact your wax supplier, they should be able to tell you what the fo load is for your particular wax and also supply you with other info that you will need to know about your wax, heat/pouring temps etc...

I use gb415 for tarts, no dye, no additives and fo at 5-9% (depending on the scent). I get an awesome throw both hot and cold with most scents.

Have fun!!! :D

Wax will only hold so much FO. Start with 1 oz of FO per lb. of wax. You will soon realize that FO is expensive you won't want to add more than necessary. For tarts you could probably get away for 1- 1 1/2 oz. per lb. If you have to use more than that, I would suggest a higher quality FO.

Some signs indicating you have too much FO is if you have oil deposits on the bottom on your mold or you get tarts that seep FO. Your tarts should not be oily on contact. Hope that helps.