ref: bees wax

There have been many discussions regarding the use of beeswax in soy, if you do a search. I add beeswax to my straight soy and I feel it does help with the throw some, and the frosting some. I use it mainly for the smooth tops that I get in between burns, with it. Anywhere between 1-5% is what most people use, I use 3-4% depending on the weather.

I add some to my parrafin container blend. It adds about 15-20 hrs to the burn time for me on a 18 oz jar. You do have to be careful how much you add, it can change the wicking. I added it thinking it was sticky and would help with wet spots.. don't think it helped me there. But it does make for a nice, slow burning candle.

LOL! :) I knew someone would ask and I should have explained. For some reason, in the winter time, when the heat is running in the house, it tends to dry out my candles a bit and causes some of the tops to crack, so I back down to 3% in the winter and that seems to eliminate the cracking. In the summer, when the house is nice and cool from the air running, the house is not so dry and I will up it to 4% and have no cracking issues. Reason I do this is that I think the candles benefit from having the 4% in them, makes the tops smoother in between burns, than the 3%. The 3% does fine, but not as well in my opinion as the 4%. I know it sounds funny, but I really had issues last winter and that seemed to cure them.

I'm glad you asked that question dragontear, I wanted to know the same thing. Someone was selling stuff on ebay they called it scent intense, said it makes the throw stronger and the candle burn longer, so me being me, i had to buy some and check it out and to me it looks like beeswax. I'm just not real sure that's what it is but that's what it looks like and my mom thinks so too. I emailed and asked but haven't gotten an answer back. I just added 1% of it and i'll see how it does. I'm using a pre-blend though,not straight soy. And i'm new to all this and i'm so addicted!