Moisture Cream Help

ladysj

I found this recipe because I wanted to make a daily moisturizing type face cream. I made it up however, it feels draggy when applying it doesn't go on smoothly like a cream. I really would like to make a light moisturizing cream. This is what it calls for. Do you think the glycerin is what's causing this? Should I maybe try it again using hydrovance instead? I also think I subbed avocado oil for the SWO. I didnt write it down like a dumby lol

Any whoooo thanks for any help/suggestions input. :)

1 1/2 ounces SWO

1/2 ounce cocoa butter

1/2 ounce vegetable glycerin

3 tbsps. e-Wax

8 ounces distilled water.

That's a high percentage of e-wax. I'd guess that's where your drag is coming from. The glycerin would make it feel sticky or greasy if you used too much. When I use too much glycerin, my hands feels greasy, and are super shiny until it manages to soak in. Glycerin is wonderful in tiny amounts, but not so much (IMHO) in larger amounts.

I also don't know why everything but the e-wax is by weight. Everything should ALWAYS be by weight with B&B recipes.

I'm not sure how much 3 tbs of e-wax weighs but it does sound like a bit much. If you were to weigh it out, I think using 0.5-0.6 oz of e-wax would be about right for this recipe.

Thank you so much I'll try it with those ounce portions. I really appreciate the input ladies. :)