New Bottles - Do you clean first?

starring

I clean and steralize all of my jars and bottles..I'm just paranoid like that though.:undecided

Hey, Crafty1 did you know that nashville wraps have gift boxes that would compliment your website and labels very nicely? They are striped and come in three or four colors...just thought I'd share that

I was thinking of filling a bunch of jars and then adding scent to them when they get ordered. Does anyone else do it that way?

I don't but have been to B&B shops (places like Body Shop) where customer has this option. So it's a possibility but for me it just seemed more convenient making one scent at a time, just like Crafty1's method.

I don't but have been to B&B shops (places like Body Shop) where customer has this option. So it's a possibility but for me it just seemed more convenient making one scent at a time, just like Crafty1's method.

You'd have to have a fairly thin lotion for this to work. You'd have to be able to shake it up pretty thoroughly in the bottle for the FO to blend in thoroughly. Also, you'd have to leave a space at the top of the bottle so you'd have room to shake. I saw this done in a shop at Pier 49 (is that the famous one?) in San Francisco last summer. And honestly, the idea intrigued me. But the partially empty bottles looked tacky on the shelves. If you used white bottles (they used PET), you could hide this much easier, but being able to see this inch of empty space at the tops of the bottles, it was just tacky.

Easy solution for just having to make up one bottle.... Weigh out your lotion (4 oz, 8 oz, whatever you need), with a little bit of extra, into a zip lock bag. Add your FO. Then smush it to death. I actually love doing this. It's mildly theraputic. I need to do it now so I won't threaten to kill my kids. They're driving me nuts today. :angry2: Anyway.... you then clip off a corner, and squeeze it into the bottle. If you lay the bag out on the counter when you're almost done, you can flatten it out, and get almost all the lotion out by sliding the side of your hand across it, and getting all the stuff that was left behind. I hope that made sense. My kids are fighting around me. I'm just desperately waiting for my husband to get home so we can leave (bbq at the grandparents tonight).