Candle science Pumpkin Souffle & Hansel Gretel?

Mountain_Annie

It may just be my nose today...I do have a cold...but it seems to me that Candle Science's Pumpkin souffle and Hansel & Gretel smell almost identical. Is anyone else getting this? or is it just me? My pumpkin souffle smells much more like a plain sweet cinnamom than pumpkin. (All sniffs are OOB only)

Mt Annie

Ok..thanks to both of you. :o) It MUST just be this nasty cold I have. Compliments of the kids and their first week of school. They ALWAYS seem to get sick those first few days...and not one sign of illness all summer long!

~Mt Annie~

I've got both, too, and don't find them alike at all.

I don't have Pumpkin Souffle but I absolutely love Hansel & Gretel's House. I know it's not intended to cross over to bath & body, but I've been putting it in a lotion base and using it. No ill effects at all for me but I wouldn't pass this on to anyone else just in case. It smells like graham crackers and other sugary goodies.

Darbla

Notes of Graham Crackers ... that might be it! I don't think they smell exactly alike, but to my nose, they seem to have something in common.

I also detect that Pumpkin Souffle has a toasted note, however, not so with Hansel & Gretel's House.

I love Candle Science ... but these two scents are not my favorites ... maybe it's those dang Graham Crackers. :undecided

I can't smell any pumpkin at all in the PS, however, it does smell good. I think it smells more like cinnamon graham crackers or a graham cracker crust.

In regards to the hansel and gretels house, to me this one smells like cinnamon buns without the icing, I love it though.

Goes to show you how people smell things differently sometimes.

I pulled out my samples & have to admit that oob they smell quite similar, but H&G has more of a bite -- smells more like gingerbread to me. I'm working like crazy to get all these samples in wax & have learned to never judge oob. I think I like Pumpkin Souffle better though.

Susan.