Label Artwork

bebedahls

Hi Guys and Gals

Quick question. Do you do your own artwork for your labels? I have no idea where to get artwork for product labels. I'm trying to get more of a professional look to my labels and I'm artistically challenged. Id be willing to pay to have the artwork done, but I don't know anyone that could do it. I can make the labels I just need something pretty to go on them. Any help would be appreciated.

I use Printshop 22. I don't use any kind of graphics other than my logo--then I type the other info in and put a border around everything. It took me forever because I'm pretty much software illiterate and had to learn as I went, through trial and error:)

FYI For people using Printshop- you legally can't use their graphics and such on any actual products you are going to sell. They are copyright by the software company. Look in the license agreement under help.

That being said- I do use Printshop occasionally for labels, I just don't use their graphics or anything like that. I use my own logo and graphics and text and such. I do sometimes use their graphics for signs and promotional stuff- that is okay.

You can purchase professional stock photos and graphics with unlimited use licensing at www.istockphoto.com for a couple dollars each. They have over 2 million files available! I got my avatar background there (hard to see in such a small size, but it's a graphic of iridescent floating bubbles).

You can use any graphics software to set up labels pretty easily. I use Microsoft PhotoDraw - it's very user-friendly.

Now if I could just control my obsession with constantly revamping and tweaking my labels...:o