Glas Glow cooling & air pockets

Judy, it's gonna be strange for ya... palm wax is just a different sort of beast. When I first dripped some, tried to scrape it up and it powdered, I knew I wasn't in Kansas anymore... It's pretty stuff - I think you will enjoy it!:D

Have fun, Jenn! :D Hope everything works out well for you now!

Yeah, I know it'll be strange. It came last night (my UPS sucks, doesn't get here until seven or eight at night) and I still haven't done anything w/it yet. I eventually want to pour it into hexes, but I don't have any yet, so I'm going to just pour my first one into a wide mouth mason (3 inch diameter). I don't know where to start w/the wicking! I have all the LX sizes. Any suggestions on a starting point? Please? lol :) I think I'm going to pour Bartlett Pear from Peak.

• 5 weeks later...

Just an FYI for Stella, I was looking at the Gold Canyon catalog today and about freeked when I saw Palm pillars. (I believe it was feathering palm) So the attempt at mass production has already started.

From the little I've worked with this wax I don't know how they can "Machine" do it and not have a really horrible candle with tons of air pockets, but.... well I won't go there.

Stella really knows what she's talking about with this wax. It is a different beast. Once you get the hang of it, it's not as difficult as it sounds, but Stella has excellent advice for dealing with this wax.

Karen B

Sigh... I am sure it's already begun because the manufacturer in Malaysia from whence most of our palm wax comes, already offers candles as well as colored waxes for production use. :undecided

Das okay - there will always be a market for quality, especially since it is becoming a rare commodity. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Very very interesting read. I haven't even tried to burn my votives I made the other day. I'm a bit scared now that I've read the responses in here. haha

I'm about to make a new batch. Going to try the tapping bubbles out method and see where that takes me. Was going to do 2 lbs at once, but I'm going to stick with 1 lb as to not overwhelm myself. :) I'll be back with results later!