Where do you buy..

cybersix

Cyclo and SLS?

I'm curious if you have some other source for these ingredients other than the specialized suppliers. If you have can you tell me? so maybe recognizing the type of store I can look here where I live. For example in some supermarkets I can still find lye. And I get citric acid at the pharmacy, paying it 3 euros for 1 kilo (a bit more than two lbs). I'd like to find something locally!

TIA

oh no sorry!! I posted once again in the wrong section....

I don't know if you moved this to another section or not then, but I've never seen or heard of these being available from anywhere but a cosmetics supply company. I also know with they cyclomethicone, you're going to run into shipping issues. It's flash point is less than 200 degrees Fahrenheit, which has strict shipping regulations attached to it, especially when dealing with international shipping.

I hope you're able to find something that works though!!!

You should try to find a more local source for the cyclo, as it can't be shipped by air. I checked the lotioncrafter site and for international orders they would have to use UPS. This would be too expensive for you, especially if there are additional brokerage fees to be paid upon collection. Maybe check and see where the European (or even UK) B&B makers are getting their ingredients from? I know there must be others here living nearer to you.

You should try to find a more local source for the cyclo, as it can't be shipped by air. I checked the lotioncrafter site and for international orders they would have to use UPS. This would be too expensive for you, especially if there are additional brokerage fees to be paid upon collection. Maybe check and see where the European (or even UK) B&B makers are getting their ingredients from? I know there must be others here living nearer to you.

and here it comes the second UHMMM. Nothing to do here in italy. The "nearest" place is UK. They have a killer currency for me!

here a private citizen has no access to many things. I found the site of a company who sells SLS, cyclo and a lot of things but only to cosmetic producer or pharmacies. Rules are very different.

Yes I have lye for now until they realize it could be dangerous and will take it off of the shelves. Once we could buy a very potent solvent but since it's corrosive we can no longer buy it in shops.

Maybe I don't really need ciclomethicone but I wanted to try it in sprays. and I don't need SLS but sometimes I'd like just to do some experiment.

Shipping lately killed me. all my parcels where blocked at customs and you don't know how much money they want to deliver them to me.

Cybersix

It might be worth seeing if Elizabeth at Gracefruit can help... I know she stocks the Cyclomethicone and it can be shipped by air from the UK...

Alternatively she also has a few distributors of her fragrance oils elsewhere within the EU and might be able to recommend a more local supplier if shipping from the UK is too hefty an option...

www.gracefruit.com

Ann-Marie x

Forgot to mention...

SLS and SLSA (nicer) can be purchased from www.justasoap.co.uk

If you are wanting just a bit to test with then PM me and I can check how much I've got and send you a little bit of SLSA to play about with if you are allowed to receive it by post into Italy... You don't need much - the maximum under my assessment is 5%...

If you are ordering a small quantity of anything from the UK at all though try and keep under 2k in weight and request it travels by Royal Mail Small Packet service - it is a much cheaper option for EU postage than standard international but is capped at 2kg...

Anyway - let me know if you think I can help...

AM x

Forgot to mention...

SLS and SLSA (nicer) can be purchased from www.justasoap.co.uk

If you are wanting just a bit to test with then PM me and I can check how much I've got and send you a little bit of SLSA to play about with if you are allowed to receive it by post into Italy... You don't need much - the maximum under my assessment is 5%...

If you are ordering a small quantity of anything from the UK at all though try and keep under 2k in weight and request it travels by Royal Mail Small Packet service - it is a much cheaper option for EU postage than standard international but is capped at 2kg...

Anyway - let me know if you think I can help...

AM x

Sorry, didn't see the secon message!

Than you very much for your help, I thougt I'd have some frre time since I finished a big order but no, other things to do, so for now no playng for me. But if you don't mind I'll PM if I should need a hand.

Thanks!