Bought a Store Brand Paraffin Candle...

and it is the poorest quality I can imagine. It is not even near wicked strong enough so it's tunnelling, and there is no hot throw to speak of. The bottom of the tumbler doesn't have a sticker so you see this big messy glue dot. Horrible horrible horrible.

So a question to you paraffin users, I want to melt this candle down and rewick it. I only have CD wicks sizes 14 through 22. What wick do you recommend I use?

Tumbler is 3.25 inches wide, fragrance is Pomegranate. It's a 9oz tumbler. It looks to me that they wicked it with something that might be comparable to a CD8, melt pool is about 1.75 inches only!

AND I PAID $20 FOR THIS CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would try a CD18 - I use this for my apothecary jars when I single wick. If that doesn't work try a CD20. You may have to double wick and go to zinc wicks. Hope it works for you. Guess we shouldn't be intimidated by store candles because most of the time they do not stand up against most of the hand poured ones.

I walked into an office to sell candles on time. And they were really snotty. They told me that the only candles they used were &*(*^&*((. I don't even remember which big name it was, BUT, I ask to see one. They had a big fancy candle buring in the lobby. It was beautiful. But when I started looking at it I noticed that most of the candle was not burning. It was tunneling right down the middle, and I mean votive size tunnel. This jar had to be at least 30oz. Big candle. I ask them if they liked that. Oh yes, and it was very expensive. Can you smell it???? Well, it is light, but we paid a lot for it. Do you mind if it doesn't burn all the wax. You paid for all of the wax. We don't mind. It cost a lot of money. I gave them one of my 8oz. to try. The next time I went in, they were ready to buy. But they really had a hard time buying a candle that did not cost them a fortune. People are funny. I guess I could have charged them 20.00 for it. Then they would have something to brag about. Just like the Tommy Hilfiger shirts. They buy those so everyone knows they paid a fortune for a shirt. Personally I do not want to wear a shirt with someone's name writtin in huge letters across the front. Sorry, got off the subject. Most of the candles that I tried from the store were not good. Poorly made. Holes around the wicks, huge big wicks that were very long sticking out or laying sideways on the top, colors that looked faded, wicks that were crooked, etc. Makes me feel gooooooood, everytime. :D