Maple Sugar soap

Lady_Sudz

Ok..So I wanna make a special Maple sugar soap...and this is what I have drifting around in my head....

Maple Sugar scent from Backwoods... :D

Mixing My Lye water with Brown sugar.......Adding a Bit of real Maple yrup at trace???

Can U use Sugar to top cp? Like decrotive?

I wanted to make this a special soap..and just sending ideas around..Any thoughts or suggestions would be wonderful!!

TIA!

Sounds like that one may heat up a bit in the mold. be careful insulating it.

The sugar sprinkled on top may melt if you sprinkle it on right after you pour.

I wouldnt see why you would need to make a special recipe for this, I think the addition of brown sugar and maple syrup would be enough make it special enough.

Whip that baby up and let us know how it turns out. Makw sure to post pics too. :D

The maple syrup sounds like a fun thing to try. :)

When I tried the "sprinkle the sugar on top" on my Ginger Snap soap, I had to remove it. The demarra crystals partially liquified overnight and I had to wash them all off the top before I cut the bars. :undecided It was a disappointment.

The only advice I can give you from experience... topping off soap with sugar... It worked for me. I had soaped Blue Sugar, and after pouring in the mold, I sprinkled a generous amount of white sugar on top. Not heaps of sugar, LOL but enough to partially cover the tops. Then I swirled it in slightly. I never insulate my soap, so it didn't overheat at all.

Lady Sudz... let me know if you wanna see a pic of what the end result looked like!!!!!:D