Soap Stamp?

thesoapbox

I have a question about soap stamps if anyone can help me out. I am going ahead and ordering one from the Owo-whats it company..can't remember the spelling :D .

I was wondering if I could use the soap stamp on my lotion bars? They are rather plain right now and was thinking they would look good with the stamp in it? Also, I have never used this on soap so when do you stamp the soap and is it really hard to use?

Angi

I am new to stamping also, my last batch of soap that I stamped turned out pretty good, I am thinking that earlier is better. I took it out of the mold, and cut & stamped the next day after making it. I used a mallet and gave a couple of firm taps-not to hard, not to soft. Worked great, didn't mash up the tops of my soap, etc. Like they say practice makes perfect, lol. HTH.

Golly, Angi, if you package them all in those pretty tins they certainly aren't plain! But you're right, it would add a certain sumpin- great idea. I'm thinking the success might depend on how elaborate the picture on the stamp is. If there are lots of fine lines, I could see a softer product getting glommed up in the stamp. Maybe freezing the bars first? Or putting a piece of plastic wrap over the bar first? One thing's for sure, it'll be easier to experiment than with soap - if a stamp messes up on a lotion bar you can just melt it and do it over again. :D

Keep us posted!