Floaters for pools

I have one that measures about 15" in diameter and weighs about 5#. We made a few but haven't tried to sell them yet, we'll proabably try at a few shows next month. It tested pretty good. Took a long time to get a melt pool going though, so i may add a few more wicks, it has 6 now.

Worthless post here, but not since I was too young to remember making floaters in a pool. I'm sure it wasn't that messy, just embarrassing ...

So you know, I have tried so hard to leave this thread alone and just can't bite my fingers hard enough. Sorry!

That's a pretty big one, I have a lady who wants to buy a lot of them for a pool for a wedding, she is thinking roses, wants one so the water doesn't put it out. She wants them all in hot pink too. I would like to find a mold that has many in them to do. Any ideas out there, besides floaters that you did when you were a child in a pool.:D

Well a thought is to maybe put it in a glass of some sort that would help keep unintentional waves from splashing onto them. Seal the bottoms for sure. Maybe don't go all the way through the mold with your wick.

You'd have to test that glass idea, because I don't know that it would work. It might. It might not, especially with the weight of the wax.

Guest Candelishis

If there's candles in the pool, there shouldn't be people in the pool, so waves may not be an issue. If you do get these made, keep us posted as to how they turn out, I'm curious now!

Scented: What in the world is that thing on the cat's head in your avatar???? I'm dying to know!!

I have a large lily pad mold, and a large water lilly mold that sits on top, that look beatiful floating in my pond and my pool. I don't put the wick thru the lily pad at all.........the flower is the only candle part, and they work great. (diameter of the lily pad is about 4" I believe).

I believe thats a lime on scented's cat head.....musta been a margarita kitty party! lol

If there's candles in the pool, there shouldn't be people in the pool, so waves may not be an issue. If you do get these made, keep us posted as to how they turn out, I'm curious now!

Scented: What in the world is that thing on the cat's head in your avatar???? I'm dying to know!!

But you know cuz there isn't doesn't mean there won't be lol ...

that's a football helmet. Can't you tell? (It's a lime football helmet lol)

I have made these to float in my little ornamental pond for parties, etc. There are some nice rose molds out there - just have to look around all the usual haunts for plastic molds. The only tip I have to offer is to dip the bottom in wax after wicking so the wick doesn't get wet.

I dunno about human swimmers & floating candles, but my goldfish don't seem to mind them!:D

You are all funny!!!

This will be for a wedding evening------so no one will be in pool.

Floaters will be for the atmosphere. I have been to another wedding where they did this and it was beautiful lite up.

Just searching for the right molds right now. Sent the bride examples to see.

Will let everyone know how they turn out. I might have to do a least 50.

Guest Candelishis
But you know cuz there isn't doesn't mean there won't be lol ...

Oh I'm well aware of that possibility....In fact, if it was a wedding that any of my friends were invited to, there would definitely be some people in the pool...they get a little silly in public at times...LOL :o ...especially if there is an open bar....strange things always happen...

that's a football helmet. Can't you tell? (It's a lime football helmet lol)

I thought it might be a lime disguised as a helmet....but just wanted to double check with ya....it's not every day that you see something like that! It's hilarious though!! :D