Receipts at Craft Shows

sydnee

I use the basic sales invoice books. You can get them at any office supply store. You can get ones either 2 part (one carbon copy) or 3 part (2 carbon copies). I now just get the 2 part and keep one for my records. If I get a wall, I may use my electric calculator which you can use the duplicate receipt roll so you can give the yellow "chit" to the customer. I may one day soon invest in a cash register which I would do the same -- use a duplicate receipt roll. HTH :)

Thank you two for the info. I have my first show coming up in October and just trying to make sure I've covered everything. By the way, Holly, your website is fantastic. Good job!

You are welome and thank you for your nice compliment regarding my website. :) I am still not done with it, but it am trying to get it completed. I am so slow at this kind of thing.

Good luck with your first show and have fun! :)

Thank you two for the info. I have my first show coming up in October and just trying to make sure I've covered everything. By the way, Holly, your website is fantastic. Good job!

Your welcome. Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you! We used to write receipts (the 2ply from Walmart), but as you become more popular at shows and you have people in line basically spilling over at the arms with product they want to buy, it gets to be too time consuming for us. Now around Christmas time for orders we get for baskets, I will do quick handwritten receipts, and for online orders I use Peach tree invoices and packing slips. HTH!!! Good luck!!!

Janelle

I bought a $20 printing calculator. It will add up the total, plus calculate the tax. I staple that to a scratch-off card that has my business info, as well as upcoming shows. If am running a sale like 3 for $20, I will have some of these made up already. It is inexpensive and a lot faster than writing out a receipt. HTH!

Thank you Crafty1 for your input. And to you again Janelle. I hope I have the problem of having too many customers to be able to provide written receipts.:D Have a great day all of you!

you're welcome and believe me you'll probably have tons of customers. good luck with your craft season

At the few shows we have done, electricity was not available. I would LOVE to be able to have a register - or at the very least, a calculator. I really do not like having someone wait while I write out the receipt.

I thought I had seen a calculator or register somewhere that could run on batteries, but have not been able to find it since....

At the few shows we have done, electricity was not available. I would LOVE to be able to have a register - or at the very least, a calculator. I really do not like having someone wait while I write out the receipt.

I thought I had seen a calculator or register somewhere that could run on batteries, but have not been able to find it since....

I got mine at Office Depot for around $30 I think. Its battery operated and I always take it to craft shows. It can calculate sales tax and produce a receipt if I need one. You just have to buy batteries and paper rolls. I'm sure Stapels has some too but Office Depot is a bit cheaper.

All of you have been a great help! Thank you. One thing for sure, I will be going into my first show a lot more confident because of this forum and all you contributors. I was starting to panic when the server was down. But all is well now. :bliss: