question about salt dough ornies......

Hi i have recently made wax dipped ornies...... i noticed alot of people paint them first then dip into clear scented wax. i have only colored my dough using cinnamon. My question is what kind of paint do i use or doesn't it matter? Im thinking they use regular acrylic paint.

Anyone who can help or atleast take a guess:D thanks so much in advance.

Hi, i made some salt dough ornies, last christmas, they were candycane shaped. After i baked them and left to cool. I painted them in red and white stripes using acrylic paint and then dipped them in white wax, scented peppermint. Turned out great, looked lovely on the christmas tree and smelt great too.

Thanks for the reply... i have ideas blowing at me left and right as i sit here. I may even steal your candy cane idea (if you dont mind:) ).Aside of putting them on your tree, Did you sell any of these ornies?

*thats works great as far as being able the acrylic paint because i have atleast 100 differn't colors:shocked2:

No, of course i dont mind you can use the candy cane idea. I sold a few- but i wasnt actively selling last christmas, i sold probably about a dozen packs which were just to friends and family who saw them on my tree and wanted some of their own. Would imagine they would sell well, here in the u.k ornies(especially scented ones) are unheard of, think it must be an american thing, so as soon as they saw them they had to have some.