Ebay fraud email - Going around???

ebcandles

I got this message from ebay today. Has this happened to anyone else? In the message there is a button to click on to respond to this message - I DONT THINK SO BUDDY!!!!

I sent you the money , where's the package ? You promised that after i send the money you send the goods asap . is this a fraud? Please let me know! Should I contact the autorities ?

Rolland

I havent sold them anything. I dont understand why they are sending this to me. I *believe* there might be a virus once I click on the button that says "respond to this email now"

Who knows....all i know is that Im not going to click on the button and I forwarded the message to spoof at ebay.

I received one from an "ebay.com" address in which a complaint was being lodged for not sending a package...in which I never sold!!!!!! some political magazine auction...I figured it for a "spoof" since I've NEVER sold anything like that and forwarded it to ebay...they responded the same day and confirmed it was a spoof and that they were tracking it, etc

so ebay will get back to you soon!

I get several stupid things from "ebay" all I can say is BE CAREFUL!!! Check on ebay's site they have a section dedicated to detecting "spoofs"

Last week I found out that my e-bay account had been hacked and was suspended due to unauthorized listings. I was getting e-mails from people asking about these listings and getting spoof e-mails asking me to "click the link" and log into my account. Yeah right. I finally got it straightened out, but it was a pain.