Pillar Question (4625)

Good Evening,

I've been testing my pillars for about a week now and I'm torn between a few wick selections.

Wax - 4625

Wicks - LX 18, LX 22, Flat Braid 24

FO - Peaks

Pillar Size 3x3 Mold

The question is...Has anyone used RRD wicks in their pillar? I tried RRD 34 this morning and I really like the way it's burning! It's a though the pillar is hugging itself-the sides are turning inside. It was a slow start, but now it looks great. :drool:

One more question, I'm using a round mold and the candles self-consumers (no shell) with the LX 18 and LX22. Is this right?

Thanks,

Vickie/Chicago

One more question, I'm using a round mold and the candles self-consumers (no shell) with the LX 18 and LX22. Is this right?

Thanks,

Vickie/Chicago

Huh? You mean your candle self consumes using an LX 18 or LX22? Or are you asking if you use those sizes that your unmentioned size of round mold will be consumed?

I was confused there.

For the rest of your questions ...

Did you burn the bottom ones all the way to the end? You said you had a tough time picking a wick but you didn't mention how long your burn was.

Wax - 4625

Wicks - LX 18, LX 22, Flat Braid 24

When you list an FO, please list what the FO is and not just who it's from lol. All suppliers have FOs that have varying weights, meaning some are lighter than others and some just aren't wickable.)

Only place I've used RRDs was with palm wax. I don't remember being particularly fond or ga ga over them. Great if they worked for you though!

Hello Scented,

Yes, my candle self-consumed using the LX 18 and the LX20. I put both of the pillars on a pillar plate and it burned all the way to the bottom.

When I stated "I'm torn between a few wick selections" I was merely thinking is this how a pillar should burn-All the way down. :confused: My confusion came into play when I read on the message board that some candlemakers are able to have a shell with their pillar. I don't have a shell and I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks,

Vickie/Chicago

P.S. The scent was Tall Grass Peaks :cheesy2:

I make pillars all the time as they are my favorites,,I use 4625, 24ply flat braid, 1oz fo per pound of wax, color , pour at 170. You have to remember to hug your pillar too,,,I have never tried Lx, rrd's or those for my pillars,,I figured if its not broke why try to fix it? :D