Pouring question for KY Puresoy.....

When I pour jar candles with the puresoy, ive been pouring when they are slushy, and then I get creamy smooth tops. However when I prepare the wax, I measure out 7 ounces of wax for an 8 ounce jelly jar candle, and the only thing I add is FO. Well, when the wax is slushy, it all sticks inside the pour pot and doesnt fill the jar all the way. So, how much wax do you prepare for that jar candle in order to fill it all the way with slushy wax. And then if i make tarts with the leftovers, I want to mix some of my votive pillar wax, (ky votive pillar) and add more scent and make tarts with the rest of it, but didnt know how much of the votive pillar wax to add.

I was wondering because when I make a jar candle, it doesnt fill the jar if i pour when slushy, and then I need to do something with the leftover wax and its too soft for regular tarts in the mini muffin pan I use. So I was going to mix some of the votive pillar wax, but wasnt sure how much to mix in with it. SO, if you could please, I need input on how much wax to prepare for the jar, and how much votive pillar wax to mix with the leftover wax for tarts. Thanks so much!!!

Just don’t let it get that slushy. I would pour it just when it is starting to thicken up, such as a heavy cream. When it does that, I would stir it to get anything hanging on the sides and then pour it into the jars. If it gets too thick on the sides, I heatgun it just a little on the sides, stir it a little and then pour it into the jars. That is the soy I am using right now and that seems to work well.

thank you! I do have one more question for you please kaybee since you have experience with this. I am going to try lx wicks next. I tried HTP 104's and 105's and they mushroom really bad, and I JUST tried the premier wicks from wick it, those are mushrooming right now as they are lit. I am going to try CD-12's next and lx 24's. But was wondering if you think that 10% FO is too much for this wax. I used that much in this jar. How much do you use? Maybe Im using too much oil. Because all the wicks are mushrooming. Otherwise everything else is perfect. Good scent throw and everything. Just mushrooming wicks!

I don’t think the FO is too much, I use anywhere from 8-10% in mine and also in my KY Pillar/Votive Blend. Wicks are a tricky thing and there have been many discussions about which wick type is best. The jars that I poured in were 3 ½” across, so I double wicked mine. I know yours are not that big, so I really can’t answer exactly, can only guess. I like the HTP wicks, but if they are mushrooming too much for you, than I would definitely try a different wick. I also like the burn of the LX wicks and the cotton wicks that Peak carries. Just one thing to remember about big wicks is that more often than not, at least in my experience, you always get mushrooms. And a lot of times it is due to the different FO’s that you use in the wax, some will make the wicks mushroom more than others will. Sorry I can’t be of more help.