What wax for wickless?

hehe...try saying that 10 times fast!

I am going to make up some wickless for gifts this year (after I test them of course!)

I am still on the fence whether to use some wide mouth pint canning jars that WM has for 4 bucks a dozen or using some 8 oz tins.I really like the tins but those jars are a great price.

But first I need to figure out which wax would be the best.

I am going to be going to Ky Candle next week.My SIL is going to buy a bunch of her pre blended container wax.I may try some of that.

Out of these: J223,J50,IGI comfort blend,IGI 4786,Peaks performance blend, Which do you all think would be the best?Or would any of them work just fine?

ACKKK......all these choices...lol.....

THANK you all SO much and sorry for being such a pain in the behind!

Jenn A

any of them should work just fine. I personally use 4786 or soy but its up to you. I use tins also BTW.

Thank you so much Theresa!

I love the looks of the tins,no body around here uses them so they would sell good IF I ever wanted to do that.

Have a great day,

Jenn A

I have found that waxes that won't throw for me when wicked will throw wickless. So, when I bought a slab of 1945/4630 and couldn't get a great hot throw and had smoking issues, I just used the rest for wickless candles and it worked out great. I have used J50, J300, 4630 and 4627 for wickless. 4627 has the absolute best throw, but it is a little messy.

You're welcome. 4627 is a bit of a booger to wick, but the throw is amazing, IMHO (especially in the wickless). If you need any, I have an extra case in the classy's. ;)

Oh wopnderful!!I've been wanting to try it out!

Honey,I dunno if I even want to attempt the wicks right now..lol....I have too much going on as it is and I'm wearing down :)

Thank you again so much,I'll go take a look.

Jenn A

I made wickless in 8 oz square mason jars using 4627 and didn't have any luck with getting it to completely melt.

Oh wow,thanks!

Hmmm.....I was thinking that wa slike a really soft container wax with a low MP.

thank you for your input :)

Jenn A

I made wickless in 8 oz square mason jars using 4627 and didn't have any luck with getting it to completely melt.

I seriously doubt it's because of the wax - only because I have used 4627 for tons of wickless candles and they work great. It's probably because of the jar. The square mason is a taller jar and so it will take longer to melt. I use the short Ball Elite Platinum jars from Wal-Mart. They melt really quickly with 4627 and any other wax I have.

I use the short Ball Elite Platinum jars from Wal-Mart. They melt really quickly with 4627 and any other wax I have.

I tried so hard to find those today but could only find the wide mouth pints.DO you think those would be ok to use?If not that's fine,I'll save them for jelly next year :) They were on clearance.

Thanks!

Jenn A