Catalog question

I just started getting this request. I use Microsoft Word but you could use other programs. I'm listing the scents next to the size that scent is available in (I don't have wicked candles for all scents). Pricing is at the top. Later I plan to add photos of my products. So far it is just one sheet-so I don't know if it is a brochure or a catalog. My sales are still small time-just to co-workers. If you have a lot of sales, I would do something with your items and scents but a separate insert for pricing so you don't waste catalogs when prices change. Unless your customers are very high-end, you should be ok printing your own.

There are quite a few programs that you can use to make Brochures. I personally use MS Publisher, and LOVE it! I also use it to make all my labels.

Once you get it designed, look into some of the more expensive methods for printing them off. I know, that sounds nuts. But if you hand out a poor quality brochure, they're going to assume your products are the same low quality. Basically, your brochure is speaking FOR you. Make sure it says what you want it to say. There was a thread recently about printing brochures, I'd take a look through it as it had some excellent tips.

Also, I never try to include EVERYTHING in my brochures. I usually spotlight several of our top selling products and only highlight those. I have a brief description of our company, then blurbs (with top quality photos) about a couple of products (usually our soaps, lotions, lip balms and then one other product - our top sellers). And I make sure to include prominently an invite for them to visit our website for details on our full product line and all our scent selections (I only include our top sellers again in the brochure).

I use Print Shop Pro Publisher v 22 they have catalog (booklet) templates or you can make your own, really user friendly to make and import your own photos etc. I also have Microsoft Publisher but IMHO Print Shops is much easier and has much more features too, I even took a Microsoft Publisher computer class and I still think PS is much better. I have Printmaster platinum but it doesn't have a booklet template, you could still make one using a couple half-fold card templates. It's on sale for $69 on their site.

Here is a link with features, you can also see Printmaster software on that site too.

http://www.broderbund.com/jump.jsp?itemID=1660&mainPID=1660&itemType=PRODUCT