Ohio Business

sharpie

I am currently learning th trade so to speak, but was thinking, once I have a product that I feel comfortable in selling, what do I need to do to get the business running as far as licenses, permits, insurance, llc ect ect. I live in Ohio, but am not 100% familiar with the business laws. any advice? Thanks.

Try this link - http://www.odod.state.oh.us/onestop/

All you really need is a vendors license to get started and they are available thru your county Auditor's office. In Stark county they are $25, not sure if that is a state wide fee or if each county sets their own. You can either register with your name or with a fictitious business name.

Contact your local Small Business Association affiliate. If you go to the SBA website they have a locator feature to help you find one in your area.

I was able to find a contact near me and called to make an appointment. They had a lot of information for my town and county, how to get started, where to register, get my license, etc. They also had really cheap business courses that I signed up for. Those helped a lot.

Good luck!