Q for those that make their own blends...

I am looking to try peak's new pillar wax (I have in it my shop, but have been to busy preparing for a show this Friday to try it). I usually blend ez soy flakes with a straight paraffin with a mp of 135. If I use the peak's pillar blend that has the mp of 145 with the soy, how will the 20 degree difference between the pillar and soy wax affect the burn of my candle? Oh I mean this for votive/tart applications... Will I just need to wick up? I am just curious if anyone has tried this type of blend yet..

Were you not happy with the way your tarts were coming out previously? Using the preformulated wax from Peak introduces additives to your formulation that makes it harder to predict what the results will be. If you want to buy from Peak you could use their 140MP straight paraffin and the result should be at least in the ballpark of what you were getting before.

It's not that I am not happy with what I currently have, but always looking to see if I can improve. New products are always coming out, so I suppose that I want to play around and then be 110% sure that I am offering the best product that I can. Like all chandlers, right?!? ;)

Lynn, although this is kind of a general answer, when I blend either soy or container wax into my pillars (145mp preblended wax) I always have to wick up. I usually do it for certain scents that seem to throw better with a little soy, or if I want a creamier looking pillar. I usually wick up 1 size when I add soy/container wax, and that's at about 10 oz of soy/container to 3 lbs 6 ounces of 145 mp paraffin.

DanaE