Stick Blender

Di_in_AZ

I have been using those inexpensive (only $10!!!) stick blenders from Walgreens since I started! I LOVE these things so much that I own about four of them, and on my busy days (like today), even that's not enough! I've never blown a motor on them, and I abuse the crud out of them. I've only tossed one in over 4 years, and that's because I dropped it, and cracked off the little piece that holds the attachment to the base. But at that point, it was already 3 years old, and looking it! LOL!

However, I will be purchasing a new stick blender before too long (I hope!!! it keeps getting put off). My lotion batches keep getting larger and larger, and I've maxed out the depths on my stick blender. So I'll be getting one of the drill attachment styles.

Thanks all for the advice. I had to get it a little while ago and got a cheapy ($20) one and made sure all the parts are detachable. It is a Hamilton Beach, has the regular blend thing, a whisk and also a small attachment for cup sizes. I did look at the Kitchen Aid ones but they are $50 and seeing as this is just something I dabble in, I couldn't reason spending the extra money--although they did look nicer :)

Now on to my butter...now there's the fun part!

I have a Hamilton Beach one now that I use for my CP soap. The first one I got was really cheap but it broke in about 2 months. My Hamilton Beach is holding up beautifully. I use a KitchenAid Mixer for my lotions because it takes so long to blend those and I can let the KitchenAid do it's thing while I do other things.