Which container wax ships best.

Howdy,

We just bought a slab of 4630 to test out in some containers. It arrived on one of our recent > 100 deg. days here in NC. It was a bag of slime to put it nicely. We used it anyway and got pretty good results...

BUT seeing as my wife would like to pour a few as gifts for family that live out of state, I'm concerned about shipping.

I don't want to ship anyone a container of half melted wax.

Is there a harder single pour wax we can use?

Which wick is best for it?

If we have to go with a multi-pour, can someone point me to a "how-to" on this?

Thanks!

A slab of wax in a box can not compare to a container candle that has been properly packaged. Raw slabs have NO protection from the heat.

Everyone needs to take precautions when shipping during the summer months. But that doesn't mean you can't do it, with your wax or any other. A candle in a jar that is boxed and padded well provides a huge amount of insulation. Packing peanuts are wonderful for this application. You'd be surprised at how well they can travel.

If you're shipping container candles, the bigger concern would be breakage, rather than melting. But proper packaging, as described by Beth, should take care of this. If you're looking for a harder wax, 4786 works good. It's a multi-pour, so you'll need to let it cool, then do a re-pour. More detailed instructions can be found here: http://www.candletech.com/containercandles/

We use Harmony and I also wondered how well it would travel.

Well, yesterday I had a meeting with the printer after work. I had all my paperwork in an envelope - and I put a small jar candle in there so I wouldn't forget to give it to her. I get into my car to head to the printers and WOW - LEMON PEEL SCENT - the jar had tipped over and the wax had leaked into the front seat of my car. It was total liquid. It was 88 degrees but felt much warmer.

I cleaned it up as best I could but I am still wondering if, when then next person sits there, if they will have big mark on them!!! :( I covered it with a towel, and put a plastic bag between the seat and the towel.

Glad we don't do any shows during the summer....:rolleyes2

4630 is the worst one for shipping. It's supposed to be good to about 104 F before it starts to slump but it's not hard to reach that and I don't think "This Side Up" means much to the shipping companies. Any of the other popular IGI ones should be better. Not sure which one tests the best.

Where is Stella and jakelex? they will agree on this too! I use the Frost palm container wax. this is an excellent wax for shipping! I had left one of my test candles in the trunk of my car for about a week! the temp outside was 85-95 degrees! Well I found the jar, laying on its side and just knew it was all melted but it wasn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was so perfect just like I had poured it!!! wooohoooo!!!! LOL that was one of my tests but I had forgotten about it!!!!:laugh2: