OT FO review for paraffin

Pam W

It seems that all of OT scents are engineered for soaping but being a candle addict, I just have to try them in my candles.

Chai Tea - kicking butt in a 3" paraffin pillar - this will be a definate keeper.

Brown Sugar & Fig - has a decent throw but not a strong as the Chai Tea. May try a different wick but it is good and will be taking a tester to a BS&F addict today..we'll see what she thinks of it.

Mardi Gras - not a real strong throw but nice. The scent did fill a couple rooms and when the a/c kicks on, it draws the scent into other rooms.

White Patchouli - by itself it was nice, mixed with Rose it was terrific.

I just placed an order with them a few weeks back. I had horrible CS from them!!! After 9 days of waiting for any kind of acknowledgment from them, I tried calling their # listed on the website, no answer, so I email and ask where my order is at, an hour later I get a shipping notice from USPS . No email no call no nothing from them as to why it would take 11 days to ship stuff all of 45 miles!!! I will not be ordering from them, I thought I'd try a place close by but their stuff ain't worth it IMO, plus I couldn't do a pick up at their warehouse, since I‘d have to pay for shipping anyway mine as well get it from someplace else. Even inside the package there wasn't an invoice! Already emailed them to complain of their customer service and tried calling again but know answer from email and nobody ever answered their phone. I sure thought I’d get my order lackaday split since I’m just a county over…..

I absolutely love OT - but.................

If you are looking for fast shipping it might be better to find another supplier. I find her fo is good enough that I am willing to 'suck it up' and deal with slow shipping and on occasion, cs that I find lacking.

She works out of her home so I can imagine that is why she doesn't allow pick up although I have heard of her meeting folks in town to pick up. Not sure why she wouldn't allow you that option :confused:

But, as I said, her fo is outstanding so I just plan a bit and have been ordering for 5 years from her. It is worth it!

My recent order was placed and confirmed on 7/26 and it was received yesterday 8/7..12 day. But I'm so darned happy with the FOs and the way they are throwing that I'll suck it up too. Heck, I'd wait twice that long for a bottle of her AA Oakmoss. :drool: Still have to pour testers of Bonsai and Sapmoss...not sure I like the Bonsai but loving the Sapmoss OOB.

If you are looking for fast shipping it might be better to find another supplier.

She works out of her home so I can imagine that is why she doesn't allow pick up although I have heard of her meeting folks in town to pick up.

That explains it! I don't mind waiting for oils, I buy from RA, LOL. My thing is I placed an order online and got no email, no order confirmation, no shipping confirmation, after 9 days waiting. At least when I order from other suppliers I get a confirmation email immediately after placing my order, then I get an email with an estimated ship date, then I get a shipping confirmation email. But no contact until I emailed wondering where my order was, not so great, and even then it was an email from USPS, not OT. I guess I just like more peace of mind!

And I truly understand that - especially when it was your 1st order and you weren't sure what to expect. But, I will say it again, her fo's are in the top 10% of fo's, imo and they are worth the wait or lack of cs.

Next time you order (if you do) you may get your order in just a couple of days (I have had that happen lots of times).

I also recommend you sign up for her group - lots of great hints on mixing fo's, sales, etc. Mostly soapers but I have noticed an increased number of chandlers.

BTW - where are you in Oregon?

I'm sorry to hear that some have experienced some poor CS and slow shipping. I've never had a problem with OT and have always received timely shipping.

ditto that. i always have great CS from her. I actually love calling in my orders so i can chat with her about her FOs. hehe:grin2:

Haven't tried in paraffin but here it is in Pure Soy:

Mediterranean Sea Salt- Strong cold and hot throw in her Spa Fragrance Line. Just smells clean with nothing overpowering.

Rarotongan Mist- haven't test burned yet. Strong Cold throw with Beautiful, clean scent with a soft powdery floral undertone if that makes any sense.

Lime Sugar Supreme- No test burn yet but again- great. Perfect balance of Lime and Sweetness. Great Cold Throw

Ol'South Pumpkin Pie- Don't smell any pumpkin in this, only cinnamon/spice. Medium cold throw and didn't throw at all when burned BUT that couldn't been a wick issue so will try again. Beautiful smell but just not Pumpkin Pie.

I can tell you that these four have smelled exactly the same OOB as in the wax which and it was good. Yes, had an issue on one of my orders waiting awhile and my second order got to my house before the first ;) but Suz was very helpful and threw in the Lime Sugar which was nice and so far all of them have definately been worth the wait. Talk about a clean burn. Will definately be ordering from her again despite the wait time. SO worth it!