All the pretty ladies...

I LOVE bath bombs! I'm like a little kid when it comes to dumping things in the bath water! :P I't's been way to humid to try to make any here... I'll either have to get anther dehumidifier or wait til it cools down... and as hubby is being a brat and refuseing to give me money (and I've spent all of my spare cash on oil, how did THAT happen? :confused: ) I guess I have to wait. Those look great... bet they feel even better in a nice warm tub of water... with the lovely oils and and sweet scents...

They look gorgeous. I wish I had a tub...:( all I have is a damn shower. LOL Your making me wanna rip out that shower stall and add a big ole' jacuzzi type tub. LOL Just to have a soak with bath bombs. LOL

Those look great! I think I recognize the halfsies - not enough left for a whole ball so you squish into one side, yes? I know I do that all the time when I don't want to do scrapple & mix leftovers.

CBV1 and anyone else, I fill a rimmed cookie sheet with cheap, uncooked rice and sit the molded balls on that. The rice makes a little dimple to hold the ball and prevents it from rolling. Not only that, but I suspect it may act as a dessicant as well. HTH!

CBV1 and anyone else, I fill a rimmed cookie sheet with cheap, uncooked rice and sit the molded balls on that. The rice makes a little dimple to hold the ball and prevents it from rolling. Not only that, but I suspect it may act as a dessicant as well. HTH!

Great idea! Thanks for the tip!!

Sorry about posting so late. I just got back from a conference. That sheet is actually an apple holder that I snagged from my local grocer. They were just going to throw it away! I figure if it can keep apples in place...

I love that idea - I am big on resuable stuff!

Your bath bombs look great- they remind me of Easter Eggs.

Jaybyrd,

If rice can keep the salt in my saltshaker from clumping in humid weather, than I assume it can do the same for bath bombs. That's actually a clever idea! Do you find, though, that the rice makes indentations in your bombs?

Great tip!

Thanks! Actually, I let them dry in the little ornament balls. Back when I was first making them, I about lost my mind from frustration because the balls always either cracked deeply around their equators, or were too soft when I unmolded them & fell apart, or both. The witch hazel spritzing has never worked terrifically well for me. So at some point I closed the balls completely - trying to stop the equator issues - and promptly forget about them for a couple of days. When I remembered, they popped out, nice and hard, and I've never looked back.

I do let them sit a day after opening them, but since they're hard by that time it's ok for them to touch each other and the rim of the tray. If I have a lot, or wildly different fragrances, sometimes I'll lay bamboo skewers down in a cross-hatch pattern and let each ball sit in its own square. I haven't used the rice bed at that point, mainly because I recycle it and it's got crumbs from other batches - don't want to pick up different fragrances - but I don't see why you couldn't. Any indents might even make an interesting texture - you'd just need to be sure no rice comes away with the product. :)

(sorry if this turned into a thread hijack!)

I don't use any melted butters or anything for the rounds bombs, either, just a bit of almond oil, which probably makes them release more easily.

I think the apple holders is a really cool notion. Hey, ya know, there's a whole mountain full of apple orchards near me. Hmmm . . . :wink2:

There are a couple of recipes that I use, but these ones were created using the following recipe:

Dry Ingredients

l teas. dendritic salt

1 c bkg soda

1/2 cup citric acid

1/2 cup SkinFlow 100 (I used Natrasorb Bath and split it 2:1 with a clay)

1/4 c. powdered buttermilk, or non-fat milk or powdered milk substitute

Liquid Ingredients

1 tsp FO or to taste

1 1/4 Tablespoons fractionated coconut oil

1 1/4 tablespoons glycerin USP

1/2 teaspoon silk protein

1/2 teaspoon polysorbate 20

They take a while to dry (about a week) but the end up being rock hard. You can find the original recipe at http://snowdriftfarm.com/roserecipes.html (scroll down to RoseMilk Tublets).