Whipped Shea Butter HELP PLEASE!!!

maryann

I'm making this today too (GREAT minds must think alike Michi ;) ). Except I'm having problems w/ mine and am hoping someone can help me save what I've made.

I used 1/2 the recipe (that's why the amounts are small) in case I made a mistake which I did:

8 oz shea butter

2 oz mango butter

1.5 jojoba oil

1 oz sweet almond oil

.1 oz Vit E

.2 oz emu oil (I hope this isn't the problem as I added it to the recipe-I LUV this oil)

2tbsp cornstarch (just realized it should have been tsp)

.5 phenonip

and WAY TOO much FO 1oz (I thought I was making a candle LOL)- this is probably the problem

I whipped it and at first it looked like whipped cream, as it sat it looked like marshmallow fluff, NOW it looks like watered down marshmallow fluff (6 hrs later). Is there anything I can add to it to stiffen it to the consistancy of whipped cream again?? TIA

[ATTACH]2009[/ATTACH]

GREAT action pic or what? LOL :laugh2:

post-119-139458382408_thumb.jpg

Oh man, I hope someone comes along to help you with this MaryAnn, cuz I sure have NO idea, this being my first time making this. :eek:

The only thing I can think of would be to add more of the butters to what you have to see if that gets it thickening up a bit. ????

It sure is nice and white and pretty though, are your butters white to begin with?

wow, that was alot of FO.... and cornstarch...

Like suggested try adding more butters... or just leave it as is and use it up yourself and try a new recipe.

If it was me, I wouldn't waste more ingridients trying to correct it cause it's not something that I would want to reproduce, bc even if you got it to the right consistency, next time you made it you wouldn't be using 1oz of FO. KWIM?

that's how we learn though, by trial and error;)